[wplug] Intro to Linux

Alexandros Papadopoulos apapadop at cmu.edu
Sat Jan 10 18:53:51 EST 2004

On Saturday 10 January 2004 07:38, RYAN MICHAEL KAULAKIS wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> I have been asked to present an introduction to linux at my campus
> (PSU at mckeesport), and I was wondering, does anyone have any
> suggestions as to what a decent intro to linux should contain? I was
> planning on using Knoppix as a first disrto, since it's quite n00b
> friendly.

I generally think that trying to slide the chore of installing an entire
OS "under the rug" with KNOPPIX is harmful for GNU/Linux in the long
run. If people don't need to install it by themselves, you could always
show them pre-installed and perfectly configured systems.

Having said that, feel free to use the material at
http://andrew.cmu.edu/~apapadop/stuco/  to get an idea of what some
people think introductions to GNU/Linux should look like :-)

Cheers

-A