[wplug] Hardware I would like to sell ...

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Jan 7 13:36:32 EST 2004

Russ Schneider wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Bill Moran wrote:
>
>>We have several PCI 802.11 NICs. These were purchased when we thought we
>>were getting a great deal, but then we learned that very few people really
>>want PCI wireless cards in a desktop ... oops.  We would like to get $20
>>for them, but we'll take anything we can get.
>
> What kind of cards are they?

They are "LanReady" WP2000 cards (off brand, but they have a site at
www.lanready.com) 802.11b

> Are they compatible with linux?

I don't know for sure.  But we've used them under Windows and FreeBSD
without problems.  They seem to be a generic chipset.

> What linux
> module to they use (i.e prism54.o, etc.)?

Again, don't know, I haven't tried using them under Linux.  I would imagine
that if the FreeBSD folks have a driver, that the Linux folks do as well,
but I don't know for sure.

> I have a Debian system (linux 2.2 kernel) on a P200 and I'd like to move
> it out of my office and into the attic.  Trouble is finding a card that
> will work in it.

Will you be at the installfest this weekend?  I could easily bring a few
of these and we could try it out.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies