Check iptables/hosts.deny Re: [wplug] Telnet Server

Patryk Laurent patryk at pakl.net
Tue Jan 6 14:28:15 EST 2004

Perhaps that port is blocked on your Redhat 8 box.  Try, as root, typing
iptables -L to list.  You could try iptables -F to flush all the blocks,
and then reinstate them if desired.

You may also want to check /etc/hosts.deny to make sure that there is no
line in there preventing incoming connections to in.telnetd or whatever
telnet daemon you're running.

Good luck,
Patryk