[wplug] Radeon 9600 No DRI

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Thu Feb 19 14:26:35 EST 2004

wplug-admin at wplug.org wrote:
> This may have been covered already, but I haven't been
> keeping up with all the posts :(  Anyway, I have an ATI
> 9600 and Slackware 9.1.  I can't get direct rendering
> working.  I have the dri and glx in my XF86Config but
> still no go.  I also have the latest drivers from ATI.
> After searching every forum known to man,  I found that
> its an odd beast to tame.  Some people get it working,
> others don't.  Somethings point to X not supporting the
> card, but people claim to have it working.
> Thanks for the help,
> Chris
First and second hits on Google for:
linux radeon 9600 dri
..should get you what you need.  In my poking aboot (I have a 9800) I found
that it was common to have conflicts with drivers inherent to "DistroX" and
binaries from ATI.  Be sure to look over the DRI site (second Goggle hit) to
get a good feel for the base chipset and any uniqueness it might require.

Love,
Don