[wplug] Will the real WPLUG please take charge

Steven Leach stevenaleach at mac.com
Tue Feb 17 10:27:22 EST 2004

> hurt it is to leave it be.  I've actually had people ask me, "If I
> switch to
> Linux, how will I read my email?"  As if MS has been doing email
> longer than
> the varius Unices.

I once tried to explain the damage done by Microsoft's hijacking of
commodity internet protocols which they then pollute with proprietary
extensions.  I was told that it was silly to get mad since we wouldn't
even have an internet if Microsoft hadn't invented it.   I've also been
told that I shouldn't complain about Microsoft's monopoly position
because "Bill Gates built his first computer in his garage"  scary....
very damn scary.  Oh, and my personal favorite was when I mentioned
that I ran Linux and a guy said "Man, that's old".  I never did figure
that one out.