[wplug] Permsfix for the stupid

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Thu Feb 5 19:12:04 EST 2004

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Wise, Jeremey wrote:
> (If the box wasn't VMWare and running a plethora of scripts to start vms /
> sync with customer server sites and the like... I would reload, but that has
> to be my last option.)

Since it's a VMWare guest, you can make a backup incase something goes
wrong?

I would boot with your rescue disk, and get rpm, bash, awk and a few other
key files back to the right permissions, and try giving the output of this
to chmod:

rpm -qa --dump |awk '{printf "%s %s\n", $5, $1}'

I haven't tested any of this other than running the above command to see
that it does output the octal permissions and then the filename.

-james