[wplug] Automate conversion from Excel to text in Linux

Scott Eicher Scott.Eicher at e-Profile.com
Wed Feb 4 13:52:52 EST 2004

Does anyone have a script or have any suggestions on how to automate the
conversion of an excel spreadsheet to plain text in Linux? I'd like to
automate a process that we have where we use excel to convert a spreadsheet
to text and then transfer the text file from the M$ system to a Linux box.
We'd like to transfer the excel file, in binary, from the M$ system and then
convert it on the Linux box rather than autmating the conversion on the M$
side.

Thanks,
Scott