[wplug] Since we're off topic

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Mon Feb 2 21:22:57 EST 2004

This isn't strictly Linux-related, either, but since most people who use
linux know a lot about computers, I thought this would be a good place to
start.

Lately when turning on my computer, it doesn't work.  The drives and power
supply spin up, the keyboard and mouse flash their blinky-blinkys, but the
monitor stays dark, and the hard drive never starts spooling so I know the
OS isn't starting - i.e. not a monitor problem.  Everything is ~3 months
old, bought as new parts and assembled myself.

So, it's probably the motherboard.  I have a warranty, which it's still
under, but shipping the MB back to some joint in California for them to
send me a new one is a huge hassle, so if anyone had any ideas short of
that, I'd welcome them.  Or, if I get bitchslapped for using the forum for
off-topic stuff, that's fine too - just let me know and it won't happen
again.  I donno how formal you guys are, having just joined the list a few
weeks ago.

-Brandon