[wplug] gentoo install on old hardware

Duncan Hutty duncanhutty at attbi.com
Wed Apr 28 12:19:49 EDT 2004

I thought that this old Pentium75 PC I have laying around should be just about enough for a firewall or a router, it has 128MB RAM after all.

So I began a gentoo install. No big deal, I have done several. I thought it would be best to compile from stage1 since I wasn't in a hurry to have it available and I figured it needed every possible advantage I could give it. Nothing special except I cut out a bunch of things. I set the USE flags to eliminate java, and anything for a desktop (X, sound, etc.)

Well that was over 3 weeks ago and as far as I can see it still seems to be chugging along. Has anyone else seen this?

--
Duncan Hutty