[wplug] grub boot options...

Jonathan S. Billings billings at negate.org
Thu Apr 15 09:03:42 EDT 2004

(hd0,0) is the first partition on the first disk that the BIOS sees,
according to grub.  If the other PC sees any disk (ide, scsi, hard
drive or CD-ROM) first, it will list that disk as hd0.

However, if you are getting a kernel panic, grub already has booted a
kernel.  It's most likely due to some other strange error, for example,
init may not have been able to mount the root filesystem.  This might
be because the SCSI controller's kernel module wasn't loaded, or the
order of the SCSI disks changed, and the root filesystem's name is not
the same that is in /etc/fstab.