OT: Eclipse (Was: Re: [wplug] Sun and Microsoft - poor JAVA)

Frank B. Tallarico ftallarico at novell.com
Tue Apr 13 21:11:01 EDT 2004

I don't know if you're familiar with Novell's Identity Management
Solutions (used to be called DirXML). In mid-March at our Brainshare
technical conference, Novell announced we will create tools to assist
customers with design and configuration within our Identity Management
software. These tools will be based on the Eclipse Framework.
http://www.novell.com/news/press/archive/2004/03/pr04025.html If you're
not familiar with Novell's Identitiy Mangement solution, check out
http://www.novell.com/solutions/nsure/nsure_solve6.html Thanks, Frank
>>>drew at zhrodague.net 04/13 7:24 pm >>>
>Hi all,
>
>Would Microsoft consider buying Sun? They would get a prize in Java!
>
>If only Sun would release Java like IBM just released Eclipse.

Speaking of Eclipse, anyone familiar with this? I keep meaning to
experiment with it for developing J2ME apps for my phone.

I got some limited exposure to Eclipse at Timesys here in
Pittsburgh. They've setup their own development package based on
Eclipse,
and some other sundry tools.

So, just currious what others have to say about this.

--

Drew from Zhrodaguehttp://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.netLocation Based WiFi