[wplug] usb storage and compact flash readers.

Carl Benedict cbenedic at pittsburghtechs.com
Mon Sep 29 00:25:18 EDT 2003

John,

   What does an `lsmod` yield?  I use a SanDisk ImageMate CF-SM.  I seem
to be using 'usbcore' 'usb-uhci' 'usb-storage'. I believe those are all
required to use USB devices.  Also 'ov511' and 'videodev' seem related.
I think they are part of the USB DigiCam packages.  I mount mine as a
SCSI device (i.e. /dev/sda1, etc).  From what I remember, the
usb-storage driver uses some type of SCSI emulation mode for block
devices.  I seem to also remember there being some kernel requirements.
I am running RedHat 8, and got it working out-of-the-box.

My /proc/bus/usb/drivers shows:

         usbdevfs
         hub
 96-111: hiddev
         hid
         ov511
         usb-storage

Prehaps loading the 'ov511' and 'videodev' modules will get it running?
I would make sure 'usb-uhci' and 'usbcore' are present and loaded as
well.  Hope this was of some help.

- Carl

--
Carl Benedict