[wplug] Installation problems -- Mozilla 1.4 w/ xft

Ryan W. Frenz rfrenz at stargate.net
Thu Sep 25 13:29:10 EDT 2003

I am trying to install an rpm of Moz 1.4 with xft support, gotten from
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.4/contributed/Red_Hat_8x_RPMS/gtk2/,
on Mandrake 9.1.  I am getting the following errors when running rpm
-ivh file.rpm:

        perl(File::Glob)   is needed by mozilla-1.4-0_rh8_xft
        perl(File::Path)   is needed by mozilla-1.4-0_rh8_xft
        perl(POSIX)   is needed by mozilla-1.4-0_rh8_xft

Two things are bugging me about this.  First, I have all these files!
Glob.pm is in /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/File, Path.pm
is in /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/File, and POSIX is a directory in
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/.  Could Mozilla be
looking for these files in the wrong place?  Secondly, I can't see what
these files have to do with XFT support.  I can install the regular
build of 1.4 with no problems.  Does anyone have any ideas on why this
is happening/how to fix it?  Googling on the errors just gives me links
to the perl-base package, which I already have on the system.   Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan