[wplug] Installation problems -- Mozilla 1.4 w/ xft

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Thu Sep 25 15:44:35 EDT 2003

This one time, at band camp, Ryan W. Frenz said:

>         perl(File::Glob)   is needed by mozilla-1.4-0_rh8_xft
>         perl(File::Path)   is needed by mozilla-1.4-0_rh8_xft
>         perl(POSIX)   is needed by mozilla-1.4-0_rh8_xft
>
> Two things are bugging me about this.  First, I have all these files!

Did you install them from rpm's or from CPAN or other occult means? It's
not mozilla that is looking for those, it is rpm querying it's database of
installed packages. I don't have a RH9 machine handy to check if the core
perl rpm provides those or not.
A tip I learned is to install rpmdb-redhat-9-0.20030313.i386.rpm and then
rpm will output suggestions of packages it thinks you need.

If you've installed those perl modules outside the rpm database, then you
have a few options. 'Install' those packages with the --justdb option to
rpm, which will tell rpm to consider those packages in existance. Install
mozilla with --nodeps which tells rpm to ignore the dependancy error. Or,
install the perl rpms overtop of the CPAN installed files, then install
mozilla.

-james