[wplug] If I were a Linux consultant...

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Thu Sep 18 13:36:24 EDT 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Alex Birch wrote:

> I can believe some of the studies. My sister-in-law for example is a great
> person but wants to be able to double click stuff to make it work. It took
> a 20 minute phone call, to walk her through using ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0
> to re-establish and internet connection. Daily I pray that she'll just go
> back to Windows or find another tech support person.

She running Redhat?  Would it have been easier to say "click the "red hat"
then "system settings" then "network".  Select the line with "eth0" on it,
then click deactivate and activate.  That seems like a whole lot more work
to me but I suppose for a windows person it may be easier to grasp.

--
Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>