[wplug] Slackware startup hang

Ryan W. Frenz rfrenz at stargate.net
Thu Oct 16 17:38:28 EDT 2003

I just installed Slackware 9.0 on a Dell Inspiron 8100.  The install
went fine, but on the first boot I'm hanging when testing the cardbus
pcmcia ports.  The system is hanging on the following:

cardmgr[66]: watching 2 sockets
cs:   IO port probe 0x0c00-0x0cff: clean.
cs:    IO port probe 0x0800-0x08ff

Then nothing.  The system obviously doesn't like the last port range,
but how can I prevent this hang?  I found a supposed fix at
http://cg.cs.tu-berlin.de/~pooh/linux/inspiron8000.html that involves
editing /etc/pcmcia/config.opts to exclude those ports, but it didn't
work for me.  Does anyone have any idea how I can work around/fix this?
Thanks in advance.