[wplug] Erie LUG?

sendai sendai at systemsecuritysolutions.com
Wed Oct 8 22:36:51 EDT 2003

I had proposed an Erie LUG about a year ago and when I started talking
to people about I did find a lot of interest. In particular, several
members of CUE (Computer Users of Erie) and ENUG (Erie Network Users
Group) wanted to be involved. I also received several emails from
individuals.

I spoke with the NW PA Tech Council about using space for meetings and
they were amenable, but weren't sure where they would come up with it.
Chuck Peters at Stargate (he is also one of the principles of the
NWPATC) said about the same. Regardless, it shouldn't be that difficult
to come up with something.

Unfortunately, I've been out of town for quite some time and likely
won't be back for several months yet, so I was and am unable to pursue
the matter at this time. I do however think that it is a worthwhile
effort and the interest is there. Remember folks, Erie's still a small
town. You'd be surprised what you can find by just talking to people and
asking around.

So, in short, go for it and save me a seat for when I get back. Heck, if
it came down to it, my office would do just fine for meeting space. Let
me know if I can help from whichever part of the world I happen to be in
at the time.