[wplug] telnet

Weber, Larry A laweber at switch.com
Tue Oct 7 07:13:39 EDT 2003

I have my Linux PC directly connected to a PC/104 Linux embedded system.
The application on the PC/104 has to automatically start after the system
boots so I modified inittab.  The application starts a watch-dog running in
hardware.  When I need to make a change to the application I have to telnet
in re-change inittab and kill the application.  However this does not stop
the watch-dog, so a reset on the PC/104 occurs.  When the PC/104 system
comes back up I have to exit telnet on the PC and try to reconnect.  This is
where the error usually occurs.  Resetting the PC/104 does not correct the
problem, only by restarting Liniux can I remake the connection.