[wplug] Linux and Portable MP3 Players

Michael E Uhl meu102 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 4 23:19:13 EDT 2003

I am trying to go low cost on this.  Several people have suggested
multi-gigabyte jukeboxes, but I only have like ~7 gigabytes of music in
total, so a 20 gigabyte player is a little overkill.  I was thinking
about something with ~128 MB of storage (possibly expandable), just
enough for a couple hours of music.  The ability to play OGG audio would
be a plus since that's the format the music is stored in, but
re-encoding it for transfer to the portable device is a task that I see
as being easily automated.  I will give some thought to the zaurus...

-michael