[wplug] Linux and Portable MP3 Players

Robert Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Sat Oct 4 20:19:36 EDT 2003

I'm guessing you are trying to keep costs down but if not.....

I recommend a Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 for around $325-$350.
It's WAY more than an MP3 player and will play OGG audio files
as well as MPG movies.

Best of all, it runs Linux!!  I can be loaded via USB, Compact Flash card or
Secure Digital/MMC cards.

The best description I can give is that it's a hand held Linux PC.

Something to consider,

Bob