[wplug] linux on hp pavilion ze4420

Alexandros Papadopoulos apapadop at cmu.edu
Fri Oct 3 08:08:43 EDT 2003

On Thursday 02 October 2003 22:13, Vanco, Don wrote:
> Try a text mode install.
>
> I assume you're selecting NOT to make the boot diskette - but either
> way it should not cause the installer to barf or hang the box.

Actually, if you just hit "Next", with the default being to create a
boot diskette, it does hang for a long time. I did this mistake on my
IBM Thinkpad once, and I had to wait for what seemed like an eternity
until it stopped trying to find a floppy. It is safe to assume that
anyone will think the box is frozen after 5 minutes of inactivity.

-A