[wplug] fetchmail-postfix-smtp problem

Mike Kuentz (2) JunkEmail at rapidigm.com
Thu Nov 20 17:20:15 EST 2003

Do
#postfix stop
Then, open the postfix config file (usually /etc/postfix/main.cf)
the setgid_group should be a group that is in your system  (usually
postdrop) so it would look like

setgid_group = postdrop

You'll also need an account for postfix to run under in the main.cf file
(usually postfix)

mail_owner = postfix

save the file and then do
#postfix start

Check the maillog again to see if started successfully.  You should be
able to
#telnet localhost 25

and get the postfix banner back.

Mike