[wplug] ripping

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Thu Nov 13 17:33:42 EST 2003

Sometime in November squeegy-wplug at squeegy.org assaulted the keyboard and produced:

|  I am trying to rip my cd collection to my hard drive with grip or
|  ripperx.  I have been having a problem of getting incomplete tracks.  If
|  I re-rip the tracks I get a complete track.  I have tried cdda2wav and
|  cdparanoia in the rip section of grip with the same results.  I have
|  tried it with two different cdrom drives.  It happens on most of my cds.
|  I have googled for info but have found none.  Anyone encounter this
|  problem when ripping?  Do you know what I can do for a fix?  Thanks,

it sounds like your cdrom drive might be hosed. do you have an extra one
lying around you can try out?

i'll take this moment to put in a plug for 'rip'.

(rip.sourceforge.net)

                                               | /"\
 john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
      jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
           the most useful idiot               | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or
 the holy name of liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E