[wplug] and this is why Microsoft disgusts me

David Ostroske eksortso at linuxmail.org
Tue May 20 15:22:22 EDT 2003

>From a netcast of some MS department head (Jim Allchin?) that I heard about five years ago, Microsoft and SCO used to have a more intimate relationship.

MS had worked on SCO Unix, inserting some of their Xenix code. This was a long time ago.

So, it's possible that MS, through Xenix, through SCO, through IBM, has code in Linux. Oh Lord, I can just imagine a nightmare scenario that could come true if such code was never replaced. But I don't know the full development process (SCO claims IBM lifted some of its drivers), so my fears may be ungrounded.

--- David Ostroske
    eksortso at linuxmail.org