[wplug] Refreshing?

Weber, Larry A laweber at switch.com
Tue May 20 15:16:29 EDT 2003

Probably the easiest way to explain it is that I was just plain ignorant of
how to handle (remove) RPM's.  I had installed the Anjunta IDE.  When I
tried to run Anjunta it said I needed to install Glade.  Fair enough, Glade
was not installed.  I went online and downloaded the latest rev and did the
rpm installation.  Anjunta still did not work.  I couldn't waste any more
time on it and I don't like dead apps on my system, so I attempted to blow
away Anjunta and Glade, manually.  I know now that this was a bad move.  I
thought I remembered what I had removed so I copied them back from another
system.  This seemed to work to a point.  I think that Gnome lost some
config info when it tried to start-up without the Glade library files.
After replacing the missing library files the desktop started but I had lost
all the apps on the bottom menu bar.  I rebuilt most of it but some things
like the clock do not appear the same.  I have also not been able to place
sub-menus on the main bar.  Functionally everything is o.k. but I would like
all my P.C.'s to have the same interface.