[wplug] floppy

David Gerard Matthews dgm4+ at pitt.edu
Tue May 13 21:56:38 EDT 2003

Not sure what distro or desktop you use, or whether or not you have
automount enabled.
Assuming you don't have automount enabled, and you're not afraid of a
command line, try this:
mount /dev/fd0  /mnt
Note that you need to be root to do this.
Then you can do something like
cp myfile /mnt
and you're file will be copied on to the floppy.
Note that while you can format your floppies with a Linux filesystem
(using mkfs), I generally don't.  Most floppies come already formatted
with a DOS filesystem, which Linux can read and write.  You don't want
to install Linux on a DOS formatted HD, but for floppies, it doesn't
really matter.
HTH,
dgm