[wplug] purchasing distros

Mike Procario lists at procario.org
Fri May 2 21:30:27 EDT 2003

I have purchased Redhat back arounf 5.1. I bought a version of Debian, but that
was from a thrid part CD producer. However I did add a $5 contibution to my
order. Mostly I downloaded after that.

After I changed jobs and lost access to truly excellent bandwidth and a CD
burner at work, I switched to buying. I have now purchased Mandrake 7.1 and
8.2. I like to buy at a store rahter than ordering it online and having to wait
for delivery. Mandrake used to available at bookstores like Borders at other
stores like Staples. I bought an official boxed set of mandrake 8.2 at a
computer show. It was about 1/2 the price you could order online. I have not
Mandrake anywhere for awhile. I see Redhat and SUSE at stores lately.

Mike