[wplug] geforce4 and redhat

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Fri Mar 28 21:38:48 EST 2003

Here's what's worked on some of the RH betas that had issues like this:

1) grab http://www.minion.de/files/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-4191-2.5-tl.diff
2) on line 151 of the patch there's
+#  define REMAP_PAGE_RANGE(a...)        remap_page_range(## a)
which you need to change to
+#  define REMAP_PAGE_RANGE(a...)        remap_page_range(vma,## a)
(add ifdefs detecting RH8 2.4 kernels if you want to be fancy)
3) Apply modified patch
4) Compile as usual
5) Edit /etc/X11/prefdm and /usr/X11R6/bin/startx (depending on what you
use) to have a export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19 right in the beginning.

YMMV
Don