[wplug] asus a7n8x mobo NIC modules

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Fri Mar 21 17:22:16 EST 2003

Tom McCullough wrote:
> Has anyone been able to install the 3c90x.o or nvnet.o modules for the
> above board?
> I managed to compile with no warnings or errors after fiddling with
> the 'recommended' gcc command and the 3c90x.h header file but depmod
> returns "unresolved symbols in module
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-14/kernel/dirvers/net/3c90x.o" and the module does
> not install.  nvnet does the same.  I installed it via the RPM file
> that came on the mobo CD.  Also one of them , the nvnet I think, has
> no GPL and gives a 'tainted kernel' warning.  I am not happy at
> having to send this or retreive my mail or surf via w2k!!

What RPM based distro are you running that the kernel does not include this
module already compiled???

It's sounds like there's some missing edits in the modules.dep file for your
given kernel, and possibly info that should be available via the pcitable
file as well.

Did you read /all/ the instructions?

what does lspci -v return wrt the NIC??

Don