[wplug] Reverse DNS lookup problems

Scott Bourns scott at scottbourns.com
Thu Mar 20 16:52:45 EST 2003

Lance:

First, thanks for responding so quickly.

I timed out to the server you mentioned, but I didn't get the server
response, just timeout.

So, I went to DNS Stuff and did a reverse DNS lookup on my ISPs DNS - no
problems, it resolved. Then I did my firewall/router's public gateway -
no joy. Then I tried the router interface's public static IP - no joy.

Is that normal? I wasn't sure if my actual broadcasting public IP or
just ISP's name servers were the one's that should be able to resolve.

Scott