[wplug] Outlook with .dat attachment

Jason Sopko jason at sopko.net
Thu Jun 12 15:48:15 EDT 2003

begin  Sal Mangiapane wrote:
> No Exchange Server here.  Outlook 2000 SR-1.
>
> Here is the headers I got for the .dat message:
>
> I could call M$ for a fix.  I mean, it's nice to have one company to call so I can get support.

Microsoft already has *several* fixes for this:

* Do not start messages with the word "begin" followed by two spaces.
* Use only one space between the word "begin" and the following data.
* Capitalize the word "begin" so that it is reads "Begin."
* Use a different word such as "start" or "commence."

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=265230

My suggestion would be to use a different MUA.

///Jason