[wplug] dhcpcd problem

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Thu Jun 12 08:27:06 EDT 2003

Mike Procario wrote:
> I have a Linksys wusb11 wireless network adapter on my Mandrake 8.2
> box. It talks to a D-Link 713P wireless router. The D-Link 713P  acts
> as a DHCP server. Yesterday I started having network problems. After
> much work I discovered that my IP address was set wrong. ifconfig
> eth1 reported my address was 192.168.1.105. My D-Link 713P uses a
> fixed mapping and it is supposed to supply 192.168.0.105. It turned
> out that dhcpcd failed and fell back to the last IP address it knew,
> which was wrong.
>
> The net effect of this was that I could not reach anything on the
> internert or my internal network. I was able to ping the D-Link 713P
> but I was not able to access its web interface.
>
> I switched to a static IP address and I am back on line, so it is
> clear that the wrong IP address is my problem. I am trying to figure
> out what dhcpcd is doing wrong and how to fix it. The only error
> message I get is
>
> Jun 11 19:44:19 localhost dhcpcd.exe: interface eth1 has been
> configured with old IP=192.168.1.105
>
> Any suggestion of how to debug or fix dhcpcd.

	What messages do you see when you type "service network restart"?
You might also want to have an alternate console / x-term doing a "tail -f
/var/log/messages" or whatever file Mandrake might use for system logging...
(but I think they still pretty much mirror Red Hat in all respects, save
stability).

Don