[wplug] Gentoo ebuild errors on PHP stuff

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Thu Jun 12 08:36:06 EDT 2003

In attempting to update my laptop I'm getting a couple of errors around
mod_php and php.  The d/l and compile appears to go fine, but then there's a
couple of messages stating "ACCESS DENIED" by "open_wr" against
/usr/share/snmp/mibs/.index (a file that does not exist and creating an
empty file does not change the error).

It finally complete by saying that it completed installing into
/var/tmp/portage/blahblahblah/image and then gives an "ACCESS VIOLATION
SUMMARY" that points to a log file that contains nothing more than the
aforementioned 2 errors from "open_wr".

What's going on?  Can I just merge the contents of the ..../image/ directory
into my system and all will be fine?

The only files on my system with the "open_wr" syntax in them appear to be
part of PHP - "fopen_wrapper.h" (in the /usr/include/php tree) - so is this
some kind of module handling tool?

Don