[wplug] Distro survey

Amanda Babcock alb at quandary.org
Mon Jun 9 20:47:12 EDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 02:21:05PM -0400, Vanco, Donald wrote:

> More interesting, I would like to hear who has, in all honesty, gone
> totally, 100% Microsoft free.

Well, I've just gone Microsoft-non-free for the first time in 8 years.
I spent the last 8 years using only Solaris (home and work) and FreeBSD
(home).  But my online college courses just don't work right in non-
Microsoft browsers, so they are to blame... I didn't sacrifice any Unix
boxes to Microsoft, I bought a laptop.

So yes, I was really, truly Microsoft free.  More, I had never *owned*
Windows; my last Microsoft box before this was a 286 with DOS.

Amanda
Who has been lurking here in the expectation that she would move to
Pittsburgh, but will probably end up in Philly instead