[wplug] two mice at once

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Mon Jul 21 16:13:31 EDT 2003

Sometime in July Vanco, Donald assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| > i see. well i think for him it's an os thing. i mean they both
| > function fine at the same time in windows. i think it's just a
| > configuration thing. i'm not sure how to specifiy two pointers in the
| > XF86Config file.
| On my Linux laptops there are no tweaks required, hence my intimation that
| it's a hardware (BIOS) thing.  I do NOT have 2 mouse sections on either my
| IBM StinkPad (which has a "nipple mouse") or my Dell Inspiron (which has a
| TouchPad) - both of which work fine for gpm and in X (and are seen as PS/2
| devices).

the reason i think it might be a software issue is that two different
configurations are used depending on the mouse used. for the usb mouse, the
'usb wheel mouse' in mouseconfig works. for the touchpad the 'generic ps/2
two button mouse' is what works. since both of yours are ps/2, i would
assume the same driver is used for both. these use two different input
devices and i speculate two different devices would need to be specified in
the configuration file.

                                               | /"\
 john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
      jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
           the most useful idiot               | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or
 the holy name of liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E