[wplug] two mice at once

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Mon Jul 21 15:57:32 EDT 2003

John Harrold wrote:
> Sometime in July Vanco, Donald assaulted the keyboard and produced:
>
>> No - I meant that I've never tried it with USB mice at all - but
>> certainly a USB-to-PS/2 adapter would seem to resolve any issues
>> (provided, of course, there are no issue _now_ with that being
>> functional).  Some laptops just don't like having both devices
>> tweaked at once - I don't know that the OS has any power over the
>> hardware (or vice-versa).
>
> i see. well i think for him it's an os thing. i mean they both
> function fine at the same time in windows. i think it's just a
> configuration thing. i'm not sure how to specifiy two pointers in the
> XF86Config file.
On my Linux laptops there are no tweaks required, hence my intimation that
it's a hardware (BIOS) thing.  I do NOT have 2 mouse sections on either my
IBM StinkPad (which has a "nipple mouse") or my Dell Inspiron (which has a
TouchPad) - both of which work fine for gpm and in X (and are seen as PS/2
devices).

Don