[wplug] Personal mail from sendmail or smtp?

Twisted Cranium twistedcranium at excite.com
Fri Jul 11 21:53:50 EDT 2003

Hello everyone....

I recently have had broadband setup and can no longer use the mail.domainname.com server as my outgoing mail server since "forwarding" is not allowed by the isp.  (Which I can assume is a good thing in the long run)

Now I can either send mail from my linux machine through the isp's smtp server (smtp.isp.com) or I noticed that I can use the sendmail program on linux to send it through.

Not knowing enough to make a wise choice here, which is the safest method that I should use?  And which would be the method I should use to not have myself flagged on any blacklists and that sort of thing?

Thanks
Twisted

TwistedCranium
twistedcranium at excite.com
{ICQ 137138155 & Yahoo/AOL IM: twistdcranium}