[wplug] newbie having trouble with dependencies

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Sat Jan 25 08:53:36 EST 2003

While there's no real substitute for learning to use rpm (and the rpm
database) I generally point people to rpmfind (no idea if it's in Mandrake
or if you'll have to go get it).  rpmfind will ask if you want to download
missing dependencies as well as the package itself.  So typing:
rpmfind ethereal
...will get you what you need, provided you're attached to the Internet of
course.

FYI - current releases of Red Hat will automatically resolve missing deps as
long as the complete rpm database (abouut 65MB I think) gets installed.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Teodorski, Chris
To: 'wplug at wplug.org'
Sent: 1/24/03 11:39 PM
Subject: [wplug] newbie having trouble with dependencies

I think I'm missing something.....I'm trying to install ethereal....I've
downloaded the RPM for it...and it has about ten dependencies and
everyone of those dependencies seems to have either a conflict or
another dependency....am I missing something???  Is it really this hard
difficult to install an app?

btw, I'm running Mandrake 9.