[wplug] Router issue

Henry Umansky hmust2+ at pitt.edu
Tue Jan 7 18:03:08 EST 2003

OK, I have another issue. Telerama gave me two different static IP
addresses, but they are both on two different subnets.  I have a Linksys
router connected directly to the DSL modem with the WAN IP (let's say
xx.xx.5.xx) and a LAN IP of 192.168.1.1.  Now lets say that Telerama gave
me another IP xx.xx.8.xx, is there anyway that I can make my Linux machine
the 2nd IP and my router the 1st IP.  My router can let me configure a
static routing table and is pretty configurable in terms cheap 4-port
routers, but I'm just not sure what to do.  Here's what I thought I needed
to do:

-Set the IP address of the Linux machine to the 2nd static IP
-set the gateway to my routers IP (192.168.1.1) and set up the DNS
-and update my routing table on the router

Can anyone help me with what to do, and if it is just update the routing
table, what entry would I need?  I have a feeling I would need to purchase
a hub or a switch and connect the router and the Linux box to the hub or
switch.

-Henry