[wplug] SAMBA network problem

Bill bhalpin at collaborativefusion.com
Thu Feb 20 14:02:30 EST 2003

Ok folx...I've got a real problem now! ;)

I think a similar problem might have been addressed once before on the
but I couldnt get to the archives.

I have a combination wireless/wired lan setup here.  I have 3 Win2k SP3
boxes that are all using wireless networking.  I have a RH7.3 box with
Samba installed.

All 3 windows boxes have identical configurations for wireless and all
three have identical protocols installed.

I can access 1 of the three boxes, but not the other two.  The box I was
able to access had a hard-wired ip whereas the other 2 were using dhcp.
I set one of the two up with a hard-wired address and it made no
difference.

I've also checked the ipsec and tcp/ip filter configs, no difference,
and the security policies, no differences.

I'm at a loss here, and am very open to all ideas! :)

Thanks

-b