[wplug] OpenOffice: Cannot install PDF Converter Printer

Jonathan Billings jsbillings at mac.com
Wed Feb 19 09:43:03 EST 2003

One of the things that openoffice does, which I can't stand, is it runs
it's configuration based on where you called it.  Thats why you have to
"install" it into your home directory, otherwise it doesn't know where
to save.  Why they couldn't just place binaries in /usr/local/bin, and
save to some standard place in your home directory, like the rest of
the unix world does.  Take a look at the shell scripts that run the
openoffice apps, they are definately far too complicated.

Jonathan