[wplug] sound card whoas

Bryce Lynch bryce at telerama.lm.com
Tue Feb 18 12:46:22 EST 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Hoss wrote:

> gnome 2.20) it just says cannot open device /dev/mixer. The sound card I'm

The sound card is not configured.

> trying to use is a Creative Audio PCI ES1370 SB PCI 64/128. Anyone have

I think we have the same sound card..  let me see..

> anything they'd recommend trying? I'm relatively new to linux in general,

Let me see...  okay, try this:

Turn on support for the ES1371 chip (CONFIG_SOUND_ES1371=y) in your kernel
configuration and only that.  Then recompile (or build as a module) and
try again.  That is what I have on my system and it works fine.

--
Information security begins with _you_.  Help combat terrorism by encrypting
your communications!  Public key : http://users.telerama.com/~bryce/gpg.key