[wplug] sound card whoas

Hoss hoss at telerama.com
Mon Feb 17 21:05:46 EST 2003

Hello everybody,

I just installed Slackware 8.1 on my computer, and I can't get my sound
card to work no matter what I try. Whenever I start xwindows (dropline
gnome 2.20) it just says cannot open device /dev/mixer. The sound card I'm
trying to use is a Creative Audio PCI ES1370 SB PCI 64/128. Anyone have
anything they'd recommend trying? I'm relatively new to linux in general,
but in my prior usage (mandrake) it worked after the install, so I didn't
really have to do anything specific to get it working, that's why I'm
stumped. I've searched google, but couldn't find any info that was that
good. Thanks for any help.

Hoss