[wplug] CMU installfest this Friday 7th Feb

Russ Schneider russpgh at stargate.net
Tue Feb 4 12:04:44 EST 2003

Jeremy Dinsel wrote:

>What exactly quantifies a "buttload" of domains? At a previous
>employeer, we had been serving literally thousands of domains off a
>redhat (and then debian) linux box for years without any problems save
>the occassional disk error. If I still worked there, I'd get you some
>better numbers.
>
>A box with runaway processes and a thing for shutting itself off is not
>a functional system. With those symptoms, there's probably something wrong
>with your hardware.

Ok, not thousands. :)  50 or so.

Hardware was completely replaced.  So we ruled out hardware.  I don't have 100% of details for it's not my box. But talking with others about the problems, a lot of people had similar problems, all with 8.0 that were solved upon chaging either back to 7.x or to something else.

--
Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)