[wplug] Which certification is the best ?

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Fri Aug 22 18:57:51 EDT 2003

This one time, at band camp, Vanco, Donald said:

> I'm twice RHCE certified and have taken both LPI 1 and 2, and actually am
> testing Friday for the LPI 102 test.

You pass the RHCE and then it expired and you re-passed it?

> For the cost - and if I were the one paying - I'd take all 4 LPI tests
> first.  Pass all 4 and you have LPI 1 & 2 Certs - at half the cost of the
> test alone from RH.  The LPI site has some sample test / test profile info.
> There's also some decent pages dedicated to it on the 'Net.

I've passed all 4 LPI exams. I found them boring. :)
I actually went down to the test center to take an unrelated exam, and
came home with LPI 1 and 2.

Besides the people who I know have heard of it, has anyone besides me,
looked at or taken the cSage exam given by Sage and Usenix? It tries to be
vendor neutral. http://sageweb.sage.org/programs/cert/

-james