[wplug] Clock running very slow

Procario, Michael Michael.Procario at science.doe.gov
Wed Apr 30 10:33:05 EDT 2003

I read man hwclock and it said that the hardware clock keeps time while the
system is off. The system keeps time while it is on. It even said that the
hardware clock is less accurate than the system and you can use the system
time to adjust the hardware clock. That seems to be the opposite of my
problem, since I have been running this box for 24/7 for two weeks now.

BTW the way my estimate was off on how slow it was running. I reset the
clock at 8:00 PM last night. I had a cron job set up to run fetchmail at
4:00 AM. It actually ran at 8:12 AM, four hours lost in a 12 hour span.

Mike