[wplug] ftp server setup

Elwin Green bekitemba2002 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 00:00:42 EDT 2003

I want to set up one of the computers in my home
network as an ftp server so that I can upload files
from my laptop when I'm on the road. All of the
documentation that I've found about ftp concerns the
*client*, not the server. Can anyone point me to a
source that would give the info I need to set up a
server?

If it matters, this particular machine is running
"Debian GNU/Linux 2.2" (woody? potato? how can you
tell? And where do they get those names from, anyway?)

TIA,

Elwin