[wplug] [Fwd: [Pittsburgh] Neighborhood Internet Hookups on Hold]

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Tue Apr 8 12:31:01 EDT 2003

> It pretty simple... why doesn't the Network do a fund raiser?  Too many
> expectations of handouts...
>
> As for spending money for ultimate frisbee funding, I only can say what an
> over-hyped micro-interest that is totally being shouldered by some elbow
> greasing... shameful... but then again someone is fair to argue the same
> about these community centers :)
>
> Can't we wirelessly connect them through the 3RC / WQED local wireless
> initiative for nonprofits?

	Perfect opportunity for a variety of wireless options, as long as
an agreement with an upstream provider can take place.

	There's probably the option to share bandwidth as a sort-of
donation, too.

	For more wireless information in and arround Pittsburgh, check-out
http://www.pghwireless.com

--

drew at zhrodague.net		http://www.extremesysadmin.com
your wireless cult leader	your extreme sysadmin dotcom