[wplug] Redhat 9 Depressing as a first impression

John Strange john.strange at marconi.com
Thu Apr 3 17:06:40 EST 2003

Oh my,

Running on a dual P3 1g with 1G ram, it's VERY sluggish, disk access
time for an adaptech 7899 controller is VERY poor.  I tried rebuilding
the redhat kernel that came with it until I finally gave up after the
12th module bombing out on the compile.

The kernel that came with Redhat 9 spews all kind of errors during
compile time, it's not very pretty.

Building stock kernel now in hopes of performance increase, so beware if
you are on a slow connection during install, it looks as if it needs a
lot of work out the box.

 - John