[wplug] Redhat 9 Depressing as a first impression

David Gerard Matthews dgm4+ at pitt.edu
Thu Apr 3 07:33:14 EST 2003

You might want to try the kernel at www-ccrma.stanford.edu.  I've been
using it on an RH8 box (should also work on 9m judging by posts to the
Planet CCRMA list.)  It's got the low-latency and pre-emption patches
compiled and seems to be pretty fast and stable.
By way of a little explanation, Planet CCRMA is a series of packages
for RH 7-8 put together by the Stanford Center for Computing Research
in Music  and Acoustics.  They've got Debian's famed apt-get working on
Red Hat, so it's a great way to grab packages even if you don't care
about the multimedia focus of the projects.
-dgm